There are millions of Maruti cars running on the Indian roads today but most of the people don’t know an amazing fact about Maruti – Maruti Udhyog Limited was established in the year 1981, by the Government of India. And later it was merged with the Japanese automobile manufacturer – Suzuki Motor Corporation, this is how it got the name ‘Maruti Suzuki’. From the famous ‘Maruti 800’ to the rockstar product of Maruti, ‘Swift’, the company has ruled Indian hearts like no other automobile company. And this makes a Maruti car, one of your most valuable possessions.
So, it is even more important to get Maruti car insurance. A car insurance policy is very important for 2 main reasons. First, it is mandatory to obtain car insurance in India and recently a penalty has been established for driving a car without ‘Third Party Liability’ cover; and second, the number of road accidents taking place every day is increasing, and you want to be protected from a financial mess after an accident. So, if you understand the difference between the Third Party Liability (TPL) cover and a Comprehensive Car Insurance Cover, you’ll know which is best suitable for your Maruti car insurance.
Third Party Liability Cover Inclusions
Many people don’t understand that – the Third Party Liability cover which is mandatory as per laws, doesn’t cover the vehicle or the vehicle owner-rider’s life. This cover only includes the damage to the third-party properties or lives. So, if any accident happens, the compensation for damage that has happened to the public/ private property or people, is reimbursed by the insurance company.
Comprehensive Car Insurance Cover Inclusions
A comprehensive Maruti car insurance policy covers a huge range of incidents for which you can file a compensation claim. It offers you the maximum protection against loss and damages to your Maruti car and yourself. These incidents are…
- Natural Disasters such as floods, earthquakes, cyclones, etc.
- Man-Made Disasters such as acts of terrorism, riots, vandalism, and accidents
- Acts of theft and burglary
- Loss of keys
- Engine Breakdown
- Serious injuries and loss of life of the driver-owner
To be honest, the comprehensive car insurance cover doesn’t include certain incidents such as:
- Accidents happening due to alcohol consumption and Drink & Drive
- Fake accidents and accidents staged to get compensation
- Accidents happening due to illegal driving – such as driving on the wrong side, driving without a license, driving by an underage person, etc.
- Incident happening while using the private vehicle for commercial purposes and the same way, using commercial vehicle for private use
- Damage due to failure of the electrical/ manufacturer defect, wear and tear of vehicle
- Incidents happening outside of the insurance company jurisdiction
- 100% compensation in case of death of the owner-driver/ loss of limbs and eyes or both/ permanent total disablement
- 50% compensation in case of loss of one limb or loss of sight of one eye
- Add-on covers such as road-side assistance, cashless repairs, no-claim bonus, zero-depreciation cover and key-replacement cover
A comprehensive car insurance policy is not just beneficial, it is a must if you want to save yourself and your family from uncertain financial burden. An accident might take away all your life’s savings and a comprehensive Maruti car insurance cover from reputed insurance providers such as Bharti AXA, will help you to safeguard yourself from that.